• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is this a good AOS terrain ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
..Good morning, my friends
..well, this is a terrain problem, i could not find any sub-forum for this so im here to ask you for help.
..I am current a terrain-leader of a AOS project...Here is the the terrain i made...But there are many opposed-opinions and i want to ask fi you have any comments or suggestions on it. that should help me a lot. Thank you

..map view: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/leopard1a3/MAPPreview.jpg

Attachments

• VIE Project.w3x
    186.1 KB · Views: 41
Level 34
I took the liberty of spicing your terrain up in one small spot. I'd like to show you what a little extra work can do. The first is before, the second is after. You can decide which you like, but I think you need to add something to your terrain. The tiles are rather boring and ugly.

As well this took me all of two minutes. You can do a better job, it's just to give you an idea.

Also, please disregard that small cattail. Didn't notice it when I took the shots.

Attachments

• Before.JPG
    Before.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 157
  • After.JPG
    After.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 141
Level 9
Well, of course it need to be enhanced, so im here to ask for precious suggestions. Thank you very much, Just_Spectating and Gillies...
-btw: How could you make a brighter terrain from mine like that, Gillies. I am proud that you are our terrain moderator ^^
-anyone else want to show yourself power and sense ???

Level 34
Well, of course it need to be enhanced, so im here to ask for precious suggestions. Thank you very much, Just_Spectating and Gillies...
-btw: How could you make a brighter terrain from mine like that, Gillies. I am proud that you are our terrain moderator ^^
-anyone else want to show yourself power and sense ???
No problem, but I'm not a terrain moderator. : (

Status
Not open for further replies.