• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Model Request] Chinese Martial Arts Skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, friends, i'm creating a new ORPG named Jian Xia ORPG, it's about the Chinese Martial Arts world so i really need these specific models. I want each special effect has a birth, stand and death animation.
I can go to bed with you if you can help, any one would be good, thanks in advance :wink:

VoNga.jpg

This is a sword energy, just some how like an arrow...

VuDa.jpg

This is blizzard, nothing special but i don't like the one from Warcraft, this blizzard looks like the one from Diablo !

TamNga.jpg

This is a sword energy too, but it belongs to the water element so it's slight blue with some cold effect.

MaHaVoLuong.png

Just a yellow missle, explode upon impact.

KiemPhi.jpg

Sword energy with fall down effect like Star Fall, make it glow and explode when it lands.

BongDa.jpg

Can treat it as a missile, it's a cane with slight glow !

BacCap.jpg

This one is nice, it's animation is hard to explain so i have attached an animated gif below.

AmPhongThucCot.jpg

Poisonous and explosion effect!

IceNova.jpg

An ice shard for my Nova spell, the ice bolt in warcraft is round while lich's missile looks boring!

Attachments

• Animated Skills.rar
    2 MB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Level 10
I don't think it will be so hard, the only problem is, not many people are working whit special effects. But why not ask the maker of the "Wu Lin Zhuan Ji" map, if he/she can give you the special effects.

he said it is an mmorpg, so i don't think it is a map. Have you searched the model section thoroughly? They might not be exactly like the special effects of that game but I have seen alot of similar effects posted before. As with most warcraft modelling, there isn't too many people that recreate commercial game effects and models unless they themselves are interested in the game.

Level 7
Well, i have searched the Hive and w3c thoroughly but i could not find a satisfied one, those effects are rather simple but we fans normally like them as exactly what they are..
You should know how hard i tried to find or using some tricks for them, it nearlly consumed me about 100 hours...but without any help, i seem can not achieve a good result, people please help !

Level 7
Thank you, Zack... i can wait :grin:
About the energy sword you made, i used Blizzard to test it...i must say i love the explosion effect and i want to ask you to polish it abit if you can :wink:
-First, make it abit smaller (about 20%) and more glowing !
-Then, as you see, it looks somehow weird compared to the origin one, maybe you can fix it ?

Attachments

• sword.jpg
    sword.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Level 10
you should probably write under each picture how the animation is supposed to look/what the ability does.... it'd make it easier to create if you did.

Like for example, what's the yin and yang spell supposed to do? Does anything in the circle take explosion damage, or do the outside blocks fly out and damage anything they touch.... you just can't tell how to make it properly from a screenshot without explanation

Level 7
Well, Disciple, yes, that Yin Yang effect is rather complicated, i can't explain so i have attached an animated gift at the first post, can you download and see it? thanks ! :grin:
Also added descriptions about them !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.