• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there something like: Event - Hero attribute is increased or decreased?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
1% increase in attack speed per point of agilitity is too much in my map, but I still want agi to increase attack speed, so I thought of replacing the IAS from agi with levels of gloves of haste ability based of a ratio to the heroes' agi.

However there doesn't appear to be any unit event that fires each time an attribute increase or decrease.

Is there one or can it be made? Otherwise do I have to check for every time a spell is cast, stat increasing buff ends, a hero levels up, acquires or removes an item, and so on?

I mean I could do that but at that point it doesn't seem worthwhile for me, I might as well just tell AGi to fuck off and there won't be any increased attack speed bonus from agility in the map...

And I know I could use periodic event and check all heroes repeatedly but that's a last resort imo.

Level 12
There is no such game event but there is a much simpler solution to your problem.

As you said World Editor only allows 0.01 as smallest value. But editing the gameplay constant in war3mapmisc.txt in your map file allows you to go much lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.