• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there Modeling tutorial for very beginners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

From what I know, no.
Usually people being new to modelling learn because they aim for something specific,
for example, they would like to add hero glow to a model or remove parts of a model properly.
Step by step they learn it and one day, they can do wc3 modelling.
I emphasize wc3 here, since wc3 modelling is a lot worse than actual modelling with professional tools.

If you look for something particular, feel free to ask.
If you have an aim to work for, something you would like to achieve, even better.
Then you can get there step by step.
However, written tutorials for a general learning of wc3 modelling do not exist, from my limited point of view.

Level 27
thanks but I don't use gmax to model
I use blender

I'm sorry to disappoint you but from all I know there's no way to create Warcraft 3 assets with Blender. As in, WC3 uses it's own format for 3D models, and while they did provide a tool to covert 3DSmax or whatnot (sorry I forgot) models into WC3 ones, same tool they used, but nobody ever bothered with Blender. I don't know the reasons but, unfortunately, unless things change since my absense there's no way to mod WC3 models with Blender.

As for general modding basics, consider looking up the Blender manual, it has loads of info there.

Level 27
Small update, I just did some research and apparently you can always use Gmax for Warcraft 3 models. It's a discontinued, therefore not updated for 10 years, but nonetheless absolutely free version of 3Dsmax. You will still need to fiddle around a lot if you wanna import the model into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.