• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there any tips how to make a balanced tower vs creep system on a TD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
like some math thingymabob? or some tips maybie?
more clear, for example, a mob wont take 20 shots to kill or a tower wont kill every mob in 1 second? i mean i can probably get close enough but i really dont wanna go through the process of editing, testing, editing etc. for hours

Level 6
Sorry my friend...You have to come up with your own balence, like damage per gold (tower price) or just go by guessing. The creep HP is realy hard to determinate... PLay it and increase hp of mobs or lower it depending on if the round is too hard or too easy...

Hours of editing, testing AND thinking...

EDIT: there are some damage and armor calculator tools or things like that in the Tools tab of the site if it can help.

Level 4
Making a balanced TD is not hard with excel.
Things you have to take into consideration is how long a unit is exposed for a tower, how much damage the tower does, and how much armor the unit has.
Summary important stuff:
Tower dps/gold (Should increase as the levels progress)
Tower range/unit speed
(UnitHP+Armor)/(Tower dps+Attacktype)

Status
Not open for further replies.