• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo Team TD presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Diablo Team TD
made by me, obviously
Everyone and their mom makes a carbon copy of Green TD. I'm in, with a mix of unique towers and a lazy design. A weird mix of Team vs Team, Maul/Warhammer TD, and Green Circle TD with a Diablo2 atmosphere.

Introduction. This map is a Tower Defense which can be played either alone, as a team of 4 guys, or in a team survival mode. You start the game with a single unit, which is a builder class selector. Select your class (based on Diablo2 classes) and build a tower which is based on one of a corresponding class ability. Construct a maze of towers around mob movement points and kill them before their numbers overrun you. There are lots of mob waves, including several boss waves (like in the original game). If you feel that the game is too easy, you (as a Player1) can always adjust difficulty.

Key features:
  • Select one out of 5 possible unique classes of builders (based on the original Diablo2 game);
  • Build 5x11 unique towers, based on notorious abilities of Diablo2 classes;
  • Play with a team and share the unique abilities of each class with each other;
  • Fully scripted spells for towers (including critical strike "aura", battle orders, corpse explosion, bone spirit, blizzard,..);
  • Survive against ~60 waves of monsters, including 10 boss waves;
  • Play alone, as a team, or in a team against team mode (who is overrun first dies);
  • Change difficulty on the fly with "-diff [0..200]" (changes monster overrun amount, wave timer, monsters speed and armor bonuses).

Planned features:
  • Hero may cast spells that undermine the opposing team (unless a "friendly" game mode is specified);
  • A game mode selector (or a voting system with a dialog): team vs team or everyone is fighting together;
  • Script a checker unit that will blow up buildings that block the normal mob movement;
  • Do something about the problem of AI sometimes breaking and attacking towers unprovoked;
  • Never ever solved balancing issues;
  • Proper terrain landscaping with good looking doodads (like a Rogue encampment from the 1st Act);
  • Vertically mirror the landscape of the second team terrain and monster movement;
  • Add expansion classes and expansion monsters and bosses;
  • [Possibly] add a small amount of tower upgrades (1 to 4 upgrades per tower, currently there are none);
  • [Possibly] add bonus waves strolling around (what is that water even good for?);
  • [Possibly] mini-games for Hero units (like PVP arena, mob killing).

Known bugs:
  • AI breaking the movement order and attacking towers instead (happens on sea units);
  • Triggers not updating the amount of killed monsters by the end of the game (there is a workaround in place, but i'm personally interested in a reason of why triggers don't fire properly);
  • If you block the passage to the next point, the mobs might just take a walk of shame around the map;
  • I hope You will tell me about the rest of them.

Tags: first map release ever ever etc in vitro

TLDR: Would like to hear your opinion on the map. Because I did what I wanted with it, but I feel there isn't enough content to be catchy enough. It is unique, scripts are good enough, but i think the "team vs team" part is a bit lacking. If you have any other suggestions, or if you have caught a bug, please leave a message in this thread.

Attachments

• diabloTD_09c.w3x
    130.3 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.