• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Is there a way to prevent unit mass delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I mean when you got a mass of units they start to have quite a delay in their movement. Is there ways to prevent this?

I'm planning on making two computers handling the mass instead of one...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There are 3 solutions.
1. Reduce unit collision. Preferably disable it. Also using Hover movement type helps. This increases unit movement performance by allowing movement calculations to go further as units stop less due to bumping into other units.
2. Split the units between many players. Each player unit movement is in parallel to each other so having 2 players can move twice as many units as 1. The scale is linear up to 16 players. This is what you plan already.
3. Use StarCraft II instead of Warcraft III. StarCraft II has no such restrictions on unit movement and so even thousands of units owned by a single player in a tiny area will move fluidly. Obviously this can cause performance problems but that is why Warcraft III has such a strict limit in the first place.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Will do the step 1, thanks for understanding what I ment ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.