• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Is there a Possible way to Remove Terrain Defomation Leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
as the title indicates i want to know is there any way to prevent or fix the Terrain Deformation Leak? i read somewhere that terrain deformation cause Reference Leak but there was`nt any solution for that

thanks in advance

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Aside from lacking a destructor, they throw off the return value of GetLocationZ which can cause desyncs
The value is not synchronized anyway. You should never use it for anything that requires synchronous results.

I am not sure but could this possibly act as a hidden destructor?
JASS:
native TerrainDeformStop takes terraindeformation deformation,integer duration returns nothing
I would imagine it freeing resources after the deformation is stopped.

Level 12
Even with regular spells like warstomp and shockwave, I've seen units that spawn while the crater is down and the ground raise up through them, leaving them partially in the ground. This is for 0 speed units, mind you.

Anyway, I'll probably spend some time to make sure I remove all the terrain deformations in my map lol. They lag, leak, and desync haha. They're atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.