• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there a possibility of Retcon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I know they said after the first week something like "we have no plans for this," but do you think Blizzard will put the Retcon forward and update the campaign? Of course, always leaving the original campaign aside, without touching it, with its little button aside to play it.
Do you think Blizzard could do the Retcon? Or would I be dreaming too loud?
And in the event that unfortunately this cannot be so, is there or is there someone who is updating the campaign so that it has some continuation with the WoW Lore?
I know that the game needs many other things more important than the campaign, but hearing that the campaign would be adapted to WoW was what prompted me to buy it.
Thank you very much for reading me.
PS: Is there a subforum here in Spanish? It is a little annoying to use the translator.

When they spoke about retcons and adapting the story there was a lot of backlash and people being very nervous/anxious about that would entail so they scaled back the level of retconning to mostly minor things with some large terrain changes for some maps. However I don't think the retcons would've been that bad but it would depend upon what they had planned. I think people read a bit too much into what they possibly would've done and they wanted to avoid a massive backlash which they obviously didn't.

Not to mention the fact that Reforged was massively rushed and had a lot of time constraints I don't think they could've even managed their original vision for the game which is a shame.

Level 2
Although they do not add retcon it was expected if the campaign was reinforced.
I mean like the 2 maps they made for more than mechanics were inferior. If they had much more detail in other things.
I mean something like that on all maps.

Like those two maps make it clear that the change was not by the community. If it were at the request of the community they would not have been put.

Level 18
The altered maps for Dalaran and The Sunwell are so goddamn depressing because they show us what we could've had if they projected wasn't basically abandoned in favor of pushing a mediocre product out for a Q1 release. Minor alterations to make the maps more consistent with later-revealed lore, new units and boss fights, new content, it was genuinely impressive. But now instead of being a nice treat they feel like a jarring holdover from a completely different time in development.

Level 13
Short answer no, there is no hope of Blizzard doing anything at that field. As for fans, we don't know and can't know, there might always be a possibility, who knows.

Long answer. Well redone Campaigns were among the 70-90% of promised things in Reforged that ended up being scrapped. Blizzard might justify themselves with purist feedback, but I'm fairly certain that it was just them scrapping it, and iirc some purists here even agreed on that. As it seems, at least to me, Blizzard was probably thinking of canceling Reforged altogether sometime mid development, but since they've already spent some money on ordering new models, they decided to release it as a graphics pack that they already had, and try earning some $ from that. Of course that resulted in cutting all the funding to the project and leaving only a few people working on it. (and probably having most Classic team employees move on to D2R) So the game ending up being a graphics pack + a forced downgrade, introducing many new bugs, performance and stability issues, and removing many of the game's features. If you look at the Campaign now only three maps were redone, The Culling being nice and fun at least to me probably because it was done years ago for Blizzcon 2018 demo, but you've got The Fall of Silvermoon and The Siege of Dalaran which to me just suck and look like they've been done in like one or two days, by people who never used to mode for Warcraft 3. There are some changes here and there in RoC Human and Undead Campaigns, but nothing modders here couldn't do in a day, and all the other Campaigns are pretty much 99,99% reskins with the changes being done by the modders in a few hours, literally.
In conclusion, they'll release patches that fix bugs, improve stability and slowly re add the missing features, and some balance, until it's in somewhat decent state.(though at this point I'm not sure in that either, they could very well completely abandon it any day now at this point for all I see) And maybe, just maybe improve the performance a bit. But other than on Warcraft 3 Reforged official forums, Blizzard will probably never mention Warcraft 3 Reforged again and pretend like the game doesn't exist. Because I'm pretty sure they're ashamed of this game, and it's their first product to be ashamed of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.