• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Is there a list of abilities which cannot be leveled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Experimenting

Item Attack Bonus (and any custom based on it) technically can be leveled, but because it will never show an icon (like many item abilities), it must be leveled with triggers.

Also, I do use that ability tutorial, but some of the translation issues are difficult to figure out. As an example "gossamer-like snares" = ? (web? ensnare? it says "snares", so those are my guesses.)

Last edited:
Level 4
Confirmed experiment

Simple trigger leveling works. I just tried it. The "Item Attack Bonus" custom ability I'm using has 4 levels, 6 Damage, 13, etc.

I just used a test unit that does 1 damage (Chaos, so the damage isn't affected by armor) and made a "target practice" unit that has its max life set to seven in test 1, to 14 in test 2, etc.

Trigger like this:
  • damage leveler
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -level as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Increase level of Recharge (Damage) for damage dummy 0165 <gen>
The real trigger in my map works like this:
  • Recharge Evade Dummy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Recharge (Evasion Dummy)
    • Actions
      • Set Recharge_Level = (Level of Recharge (Evasion Dummy) for (Learning Hero))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Recharge_Level Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Recharge (Damage) to (Learning Hero)
          • Unit - Add Recharge (Mana) to (Learning Hero)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Recharge (Damage) for (Learning Hero) to Recharge_Level
          • Unit - Set level of Recharge (Mana) for (Learning Hero) to Recharge_Level
"Recharge (Mana)" is a custom of another supposedly un-levelable ability, the Fountain of Mana ability. I haven't fully tested it yet, but the level increase seems to work for it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.