• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there a good non-vJass unit indexer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
What I'm really looking to do is integrate a unit indexer into my modified Blizzard.j, but it seems like all the ones I've found are made in vJass, with structs and things like that.​
I've never actually used vJass but since I'm working with Blizzard.j for a mod, and not within the confines of a single map, it'd probably better to stick with standard JASS.​
Is there a good non-vJass unit indexer?​

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I am not sure if vJASS integration was designed with that in mind. Maybe you can run JASSHelper from the command line to compile the Blizzard.j script file and then import that compiled file. Logically you would need to make sure JASSHelper does not have a Blizzard.j file of its own to conflict with it.

Level 10
Hmmm, i tried to insert the compiled vJass of TriggerHappy's UnitDex into my blizzard.j, careful to put the 'globals' in the globals section instead of creating a second globals section, and moving all its functions to the bottom (yet still above InitBlizzard and my own functions)...

but war3 does not accept it unfortunately. Not sure where the problem would be, but I'd guess there are things expected to be present in a 'proper' vJass use case (within a map) that is not present before attempting to load a map. This is a total guess though.

Re-titled/worded OP to make more sense for what I'm trying to do.

Attachments

• Blizzard triggerhappy unitdex BROKEN.j
    469.2 KB · Views: 14
Level 10
It seems it may have been a problem in my code. I renamed a function but forgot to update a line that was calling the function :p

Either way, I've switched over to Bribe's GUI Unit Indexer, except modified so it's all in Blizzard.j, and it appears to work like a charm.
BribeUnitIndexerTest.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.