• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

is it possible to transfer a windows 7 license to another motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
my motherboard is too old for new graphics cards so i got a new one. i want to know if i can transfer my windows license to that. i still have the product key which is on a sticker on my pc. it does not matter that much to me because my current system can not handle more than half of the memory. i am going to switch operating system some day but i spent so much money on components that i want to wait.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Windows 7 licences are not attached to motherboards as far as I know. You should be able to use it on your new computer no problem. You might even be able to transport the existing OS install to the new computer and it might work (after appropriate drivers get installed etc).

Reactions: pyf
Status
Not open for further replies.