• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Is it possible to prevent player from saving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about JASS.
However, I suppose that this may be the only way to do what I want. So, I would be very glad if you could teach how exactly can I implement this script in my proyect, and how to work with it. With this kind of things, I'm a true noob.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Level 9
Thank you!
I tested the map, and it works perfectly. I suppose I will include this in my proyect, it's exactly what I was looking for.
Thank you very much.

One more thing... can I ask why does it show a dialog 12 times with a "for" loop (in the GUI version). Won't it work, for example, showing one single dialog?
I'm glad I found a solution for my problem, but I want to understand it too.

Regards

This work just fine.
  • Example
    • Events
      • Game - The game is about to be saved
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Dialog - Show Dialog for Player 1 (Red)
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Dialog - Hide Dialog for Player 1 (Red)
It's the most basic example.

This work for all players:
  • Example
    • Events
      • Game - The game is about to be saved
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call DialogDisplay( GetLocalPlayer(), udg_Dialog, true)
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call DialogDisplay( GetLocalPlayer(), udg_Dialog, false)

Status
Not open for further replies.