• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Is it possible to make an unit invisible for one player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I want to make an unit invisible to one player(or player group) but not to the others.
Do get local player allow to do that without desynchronising immediately?(note: I will use no units with autoattack but it might give problems with other things)
How would you do that with get local player?

Level 5
The transparency scale?
I do not see how it makes it invisible.
Yes you can not see it nor damage it but it still stays in the way of selection and of left clicking.(two interactions I wish to remove in fact in theory I only need to remove the ability to select the unit(and make it not prevent targetting units hidden by it) and making it transparent for one player while removing it to the others)
(unless you mean that I must add that in addition of making the unit invisible but I do not know how to script making an unit invisible for one player)
I think that there is things you meant that I did not understood.
Oh sorry I found out you meant the size scale thanks for the answer.
I wonder if it still calculate the polygons but it is mostly not going to be a problem since there will be at most 1200 units at once in my map.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Do get local player allow to do that without desynchronising immediately?(note: I will use no units with autoattack but it might give problems with other things)
How would you do that with get local player?
If you mean invisible as in stealth/cloak then it will desync instantly as the game states no longer match between clients. Best work around in this case would be to give the players who should see the unit detection around the unit and the players who should not see the unit no detection.

If you want a unit to be invisible as in not able to be seen (but still attacked, interacted with etc) then set transparency to 100% and model scale to as close to 0 as possible.

Level 5
If you mean invisible as in stealth/cloak then it will desync instantly as the game states no longer match between clients. Best work around in this case would be to give the players who should see the unit detection around the unit and the players who should not see the unit no detection.

If you want a unit to be invisible as in not able to be seen (but still attacked, interacted with etc) then set transparency to 100% and model scale to as close to 0 as possible.
Well all I wanted was the unit to not be clickable nor visible which is possibly just by setting the size to 0 I believe.
I just did not had the idea trigger happy had and I did not understood immediately what he said then I understood and I framed the thread as solved.(the point was to make people aware of the fact it was solved)
Anyway thanks for trying to be helpful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.