• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it possible to do faster -clear selection for player ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Is is possible to do any of this ?

1.)

well i noticed that actually event -player selects a unit is to slow not the action - deselect unit

is it possible to clear selection for player so fast that he cannot see anything of selected unit

(normal deselecting trigger is to slow,you can see items carried by selected unit,damage and his model file and i don´t like it)

on this way the event is bad and it is a bit slow anyway

• clear selection for player
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (Water Elemental (Level 1) 0047 <gen> is selected by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Selection - Clear selection for Player 1 (Red)
making it with event-player select a unit is even slower

also add unit to selection is slow (for warcraft to detect it) but you will see selected unit immediately

i tested it like this

i had trigger called "kill selected" unit - kills selected unit when player select a unit xD

so i did this

-event ...

-turn trigger "kill selected unit" off
-select unit for player 1
-turn "kill selected unit" on

and my selected unit died :(

2.)
Is it possible to make unit able to cast spells while he is training some unit ?

_____BTW most of my threads with "is it possible" are impossible :sad: :ugly:_____

Last edited:
Level 9
(normal deselecting trigger is to slow,you can see items carried by selected unit

I can help only for this tiny part of the question, the rest looks unsolvable to a n00b like me. Ok, the solution is in Advanced Options>Game constants (or something like that) of the Editor. The second line from the bottom is "Show enemy units' inventory". Turn it off.
Sorry for the rest :p

Level 13
I can help only for this tiny part of the question, the rest looks unsolvable to a n00b like me. Ok, the solution is in Advanced Options>Game constants (or something like that) of the Editor. The second line from the bottom is "Show enemy units' inventory". Turn it off.
Sorry for the rest :p
i know about that
enemy inventory visible - false

but taht is not waht i want,i want a fast clear selection system..

Status
Not open for further replies.