• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it possible to disable scroll on a mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is it possible to disable scroll on a mouse using some trigger (like that trigger which blocks the player(s) from skipping transmission in W3 cinematics by pressing ESC)? Because sometimes you might accidentally push it up or down and it would screw your camera.

If there is a way you can disable that, you can simply set a camera at a set distance and not worry about the problem....

Last edited:
Level 14
Try looking for a trigger that controls the camera at Blizzard's map called WarChaser.

Or to make even simpler, these actions can help you if being loop.
  • Actions
    • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to target to 1650.00 over 0.00 seconds
    • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to 304.00 over 0.00 seconds

Last edited:
Level 4
Try looking for a trigger that controls the camera at Blizzard's map called WarChaser.

Or to make even simpler, these actions can help you if being loop.
  • Actions
    • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to target to 1650.00 over 0.00 seconds
    • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to 304.00 over 0.00 seconds
No, I mean, is there a trigger like this ([Snippet] Disable Transmission Skip) that disables camera movement when scroll is scrolled up or down?

In that example, when one presses ESC during cinematic, the transmission that plays is not skipped rendering ESC useless. Well, I want to render scroll up/down useless. I've very little knowledge in programing and triggering, so I am asking if there is a somewhat easy way of achieving this.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You can periodically reset camera position, orientation etc so that scrolling is ineffective at best.

As far as I am aware pressing esc does not skip anything unless you program it to do something. I think the default BJ cinematics actions might have underlying triggers to allow esc to do something, at least according to that snippet which disables them.

I would strongly recommend allowing people to skip cinematics, even if all it does is show them a blank area of the map until it finishes playing for everyone else. There is nothing worse than being locked into watching something, preventing you from exiting so forcing you to alt+f4 and restart WC3.

Status
Not open for further replies.