• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Is it possible to create a realistic hanging in warcraft 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
There are triggers that allow you to levitate a unit, make a units head turn in all directions and the chest...But there are no triggers to make the arms move. When people hang their arms move around.

I want to trigger this for the execution of enemy king players in a game I'm making.

But it seems there is no other way of doing this without animating myself. I also can't seem to make a unit appear to "hang" they seem to float instead. I guess it's because warcraft 3 doesn't have a physics engine.

Would I have to animate the hanging myself?

You need JASS and the name of the bone nodes you want to move a units arms/bones.

GUI only does chest and head.

Wc3 does have a physics engine, however it is only collision and projectile. So it is a sad one. =)

Sadly, even with JASS, it only supports the bones named "bone_head" and "bone_chest".
http://wiki.thehelper.net/wc3/jass/common.j/SetUnitLookAt

So you'd probably have to resort to animating. Doing it with triggers is harder than you'd expect. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.