• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Is it possible to create a new playable race?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, Is it possible to play on a Warcraft map with a new race?

I want to create a new race with custom heroes and I don't know how to do it, if there is any mod to do it

Level 18
Would be easiest to use the Object Editor and create new custom units.

So let's say ur making a Demon race. You could make a new custom unit based on the human town hall and edit the new custom town hall to be your Demon race's starting building. Then make a Demon worker and specify the Demon Town Hall (based on human town hall) to be able to train Demon Workers.

I'd be happy to walk you through it on Discord maybe share screens if needed: Join the The High Society Discord Server!

Hi, Is it possible to play on a Warcraft map with a new race?

I want to create a new race with custom heroes and I don't know how to do it, if there is any mod to do it
There is probably a way to do it with mods, but those would change the entire game. For just a single map the easiest way is to use Triggers and the handicap system. If you look at a few of the altered melees on this site or for example my map the Runic Clans you'll see in that map the specific trigger and how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.