• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Is it possible somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
I dont even need to check the object editor to get any upgrade for armor,
just check footman for instance and hover with mouse over his defence

This goes for any race

NE - archer, sentinel
undead - ghoul, crypt fiend
human - footman, rifleman, knight
orc - grunt, troll headhunter/berserker, shaman

the name for human one is: Upgrade - Iron plating

btw: Dota uses the same thing, the creeps has a defence and every I think 5 minutes the creeps get upgraded a little bit, then you have big creeps which is like 15 upgrade level and then you have mega creeps(no building "creating" other's side units(crypt etc) standing). This is I think level 30

Level 23
isnt it based on unit? I recall footman has defence upgrade bonus defaultly set to 2 and when I try to change his defence I ever try to change that so maybe thats the value you are looking for (in JNGP its (udup))

lol Ive found out it should be wrote defense not defence ... :D

Level 17
now, what I don't understand again is: How much armour does it gives it?

I see only this: Effect 1: Apply Defense Upgrade Bonus

how do I know how much armour will it give?

if u check in object editor a unit there have a field Combat - Defense Upgrade Bonus

whatever if u change to every unit then why dont make a aura with huge range? like 99999?
(hold shift then edit the range in object editor)

then u add this aura to 1 unit from that player and it is applied to every unit owned by that player

Level 18
so, If I understand it correctly, it goes like this: Let's say normal defense is 3 and defense upgrade bonus is 2, then when I set the level of upgrade to 1, the unit will have 6 armour, right? 3x2=6 or it works different way?

Level 23
it is add with + not *, so level 1 is 3+2(5), level 2 is def+level 1 + 2(5+2 = 7) etc

shadowvzs:

Auras are better used with different effects as you can only have a finite number of them on you, if you made it with devotion aura, and lets say had a hero with devotion aura, they wont work together afaik(maybe Im wrong but I doubt)

Level 18
if u check in object editor a unit there have a field Combat - Defense Upgrade Bonus

whatever if u change to every unit then why dont make a aura with huge range? like 99999?
(hold shift then edit the range in object editor)

then u add this aura to 1 unit from that player and it is applied to every unit owned by that player

I'm increasing the armour every 10 mins, and then every enemy unit will have that aura, and I want it only the creeps to have it, and it depends on the mode that is selected

Level 17
I'm increasing the armour every 10 mins, and then every enemy unit will have that aura, and I want it only the creeps to have it, and it depends on the mode that is selected

defense upgrade work only 1x, but then u can use aura and give to 1 neutral hostile unit (could be that unit invisible or building too i guess :p ) then increase the aura lv by 1 afte each 10 min with periodic trigger

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Take a random item ability that gives armor. Rename it to "Blizzard Sucks (+X)"

Replace the X in the name with the amount of armor you want to give.

Uncheck the item ability tag. This makes the ability for units.

When a creep spawns, give the ability to that unit. No mess, no upgrades, no complicated triggers, just an innocent "Blizzard Sucks" ability. When the unit dies, no harm is done.

But if you need it on a permanent basis, then make an upgrade. Otherwise stick to the "Blizzard Sucks"

Status
Not open for further replies.