• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

is it dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

what happen to this project? i really curious how far the development of this project.

is this project going to release some demo map or something?

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

I still intend to release SoC in one form or another. Real life and CS:GO is just taking some time off my schedule recently. ><

i see.

well, good luck for you linaze. i hope you and your team will manage to finish it soon :)

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

Level 11
Until then, you may play the map on this version:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/9so2no/_files/(4)SoCFrozenIslands0.33.w3x
It is the latest we currently have. It features the complete Orc race (minus additions and changes which are planned for later) and no AI. Players like TaShadan may be interested in playing against you.

You might want to put that link in a more visible place, people could still be coming to this forum looking for a download version:p

Also, do you guys need help with the project? Don't know if you are recruiting or not, but I could lend you a hand. I have no skills in JASS or modelling, but I think I could help you out with balance testing or implementing things that simply require time. I also like to believe that I am quite good at creating units/abilities/upgrades that synergise well with one another.

Level 48
So I'm assuming that would be 1.26.0.6401... That's very strange. I tested it myself just now and it worked fine. It could be an issue with the file directory being too long. Try shortening the name of the map file or placing it a few folders 'above' the one it's in. Mine is in "Download\(4)SoCFrozenIslands0.33.w3x".
By the way, if you get it working, I won't mind playing a few rounds vs you. Testing the map made me a bit nostalgic and I sort of want to play it again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.