1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Invoker IX.blp

Submitted by Legal_Ease
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
The Invoker Resource Set

Hero Icon

[​IMG]

Spells

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
Click on an icon to find its resource page.

Object Editor Settings
To make Invoker's Spheres go to Object Editor
and set the target model to the follwing missiles:

[​IMG]
See Invoker with matching voice, spells and icons:

Keywords:
Invoker, dota, 2
Contents

Invoker (Texture)

Reviews
15:35, 2nd Dec 2015 Misha: this just looks like a mass of copy-paste, filters, and squiggles, with a very flat look and no directional (light from above) highlights and shading. it feels alright, but its more for the forums.. 22nd Dec 2015 Archian:...
  1. 15:35, 2nd Dec 2015
    Misha: this just looks like a mass of copy-paste, filters, and squiggles, with a very flat look and no directional (light from above) highlights and shading. it feels alright, but its more for the forums..

22nd Dec 2015
    Archian: Status changed to 'pending'. Please update the texture with your updated version so that we may review that.

15:30, 25th Mar 2016
    Misha: well i'm tired of seeing this useful skin pending.. approved.

19:30, 22nd July 2016
    Heinvers: This is not how we deal with resources. Back on pending due to inconsistent work all around the texture, coupled with a lot of filter work.
    Do try rehashing it again and work on your texture work with brushes instead of applying insta filters.

8:47, 5th Sep 2016
    Heinvers: Moved to Substandard section.

2. Yarusidze

Yarusidze

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dat invoker is good ! 5/5!

3. Legal_Ease

Legal_Ease

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks!

Rating only works if you click on the thumbs up above.

4. San

San

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Diz iz juz bootiful,nao let me r8 it for real ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 5/5

5. Legal_Ease

Legal_Ease

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks so much San. I am glad you like it. It means more coming from someone with skills.

6. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looking good! Maybe u would like to modifie the eyes a little using for example a glow (blue or green)
    , and more details for the hair, just a suggesstion :)

7. ~Nightmare

~Nightmare

Texture Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Actually the concept looks really good. Although we also need to consider some things that needs to be fixed. Like the cape having a bad transitions making it look that the cape is divided into several parts and looks like it isn't connected. The leg part doesn't look like a leg and seems to be a CnP(?). Hair needs some more strands to make it look more sharp as it looks blurry at all. Armor could be more vivid especially the gold trim. You could also tweak the face, add him eyebrows and lessen the dark eyeshadows making him look haggard. Overall the skin lacks 'global shading'. I do know that you're making this look like Invoker from DOTA 2, but if you tweaked some things it could be more better and even great. I'm looking forward for this skin to be updated. Kudos!

8. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    Skin's too blurry but idk maybe that's just me. Great skin though :) reminds me of when I used to rock those Quas Wes Exort spells before my computer crashed

9. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Died to read that but it's true.

10. Legal_Ease

Legal_Ease

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  11. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    say, do you mind tending to one legit thing about this texture? as far as i see, the texture has an overwhelming amount of graininess, which kinda hurts the appearance, imo. also the cape shadows could use being slightly stronger, and, the leg-cloth really should be modified, as it really does not look so good with the leg mesh, especially that big knee spike.. other than that.. i really don't see bad stuff, so.. i guess your update made the thing much better?

12. Legal_Ease

Legal_Ease

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can blur it, but I don't understand why that is happening. It seems like it wasn't so grainy before.
    I can try a few things. I can add deeper shadows to the cape, no problem. I think maybe even spread the waves out in the cap a bit too.
    The Leg. I intended the leg to look like there was another piece of fabric under his cape. Like the actual character.
    [​IMG]
    but I agree it doesn't quite look right. The spike is the worst part. I know that with the Watcher/Runner model, you can snip out diamonds on the legs and remove that spike.
    Any idea if that is possible for Kael? Also, assuming it is not, what else would you recommend? I could just make some boots that fit the model, but that doesn't really fit Inokver.
    He's not really a big-boots kinda guy. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

UPDATED

• Enlarged file to remove grain.
    • Added new shading on Cape.
    • New leg fabrics.
    • Stained teeth slightly yellow.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  13. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    with how some war3 models are shaped, i don't really see any other way than to move the cloth bit out of the way (probably with a few folds) and draw in a shape that fills up that knee spike like it should, while still being in theme with the character.. since i don't really know Invoker that much, i guess this depends on how much you're willing to adapt your own idea..

as for the graininess, what exactly are you using to make a texture?

14. Legal_Ease

Legal_Ease

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I used only brushes. I think it happened when I reduced the size and adjusted the contrast and saturation. I increased the size to 512 and touched it up with blur and it seems to have corrected the issue.

As for the cloth idea. I did that and it looks better. What do you think of it now?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  15. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
  16. Legal_Ease

Legal_Ease

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I read a few things and touched up the leg, denoised, blurred, fooled with contrast and more denoise. It looks good in png format and looks good in BLP Lab but when I upload it to Hive 2 it looks grainy again. I'm attaching it here this time to show you the png and check if the blp is coming through alright. I also uploaded it. It looks bad as a submission. Seems like something with the upload went wrong. Could there be something wrong with my BLP Lab? or somehow the upload is corrupting it?

EDIT:

It's BLP Lab. I've never had this happen before. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  17. blacklabel

blacklabel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Face so weird .

18. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    blacklabel, be constructive.. you're not helping at all >_>

well.. now that we found the problem.. let's try a work-around.. have you tried to save a PNG into a blp via model editor's texture manager? ( mind that it can only replace existing blp in a folder and can't save outright, and also mind that you need to set the blp quality when saving to 100% in the properties, that are in the 'edit' tab of the model editor)

as for the face itself, now i can see that it needs just a bit more contrast and less eye-mask, if you want to

19. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Saving a PNG into a BLP won't make the original team color part turn into black?