• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Inverted textures?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Milkshape didn't do it before, but now every model i make and export, have inverted textures. The models look absolutely fine in milkshape's 3d view though. Can someone help me? :(
Also here's the pic if I didn't explain well enough. The face is inside of the ball :D
1264548329.png

Level 11
Every model has a black and white side in milkshape. Texture only applies to white side, unless materials are 2 sided.
Also when you UV wrap you can chose front, back, left, etc. Make sure you pick right one. I think mixing back and forth could do it, but I'm not sure.
That's first thing that comes to my mind.

Can we see the picture of the untextured model in milkshape.

Level 11
So, how you see in the ball (like said in screenshot) did you cut it in half.

If outside is black and inside white (when its without texture) you inverted it somehow.

Milkshape didn't do it before, but now every model i make and export, have inverted textures. The models look absolutely fine in milkshape's 3d view though. Can someone help me? :(
Also here's the pic if I didn't explain well enough. The face is inside of the ball :D
1264548329.png
Making the material Two-Sided will double the polycount. It's not the best solution.

The faces have reversed normals. You should try mirroring the model in Milkshape (as I'd do in 3dsmax). Or search for some program to flip normals, if Magos can't do it...

P.S: I guess Magos has a feature to flip the normals in the viewport. But note that this is just for the preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.