• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Okay, whenever I go to this site on Internet Explorer it doesn't load and I get this:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not open aaa=12;eval(stripslashes($_REQUEST[nigga]));exit();// /../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../../tmp template config file

DEBUG MODE

Line : 421
File : /home/wc3sear.ch/html/includes/functions.php
Any ideas of why I can't get on using IE, and is there any way to fix it?

Level 25
Yes, a simple fix

Don't. Use. Internet. Explorer.

Hence, stay away from Internet Explorer and use any of the other browsers that exist, like Firefox or Opera, both of which are, unlike Internet Explorer, good and conforming to standards

Internet Explorer is the WORST browser you can find

Level 4
Yeah, I also use IE due to the fact that I live in a 3rd-world country. (Don't know if firefox is free, though)

[RANDOM QUOTE NOT RELATED TO THIS TOPIC (don't mind this): I hate it when 1st-worlders boast about the fact that they have international credit cards and say that: OMG U SUXORZ HOBOS CUZ WE HAVE PIMPED OUT PCS AND CARS W/ CD AND DVD PLAYERS AND PLASMA TVS W/ ROBOTIC SERVANTS AND R2-D2 AND THE FACT THAT WE CAN BUY STUFF FROM THE NET N R MUCH MORE ADVANCED THAN U'LL EVER BEE!!] :evil: Nah, just kidding. :D But some people DO boast about that.

Back to the topic. I really don't know why you would say IE sucks. I mean, it never really gave me any real problems. It's not about how inferior IE is, it's about how superior other programs are. IE is pretty much just your average, standard-issue, internet browser. It's just that other browsers give much more.

Level 1
@PenguinSmasher: Firefox is free.
@The others: This started on IE6, but I'm using IE7 Beta now, and it's almost as good as Firefox, and in some ways, better, so IE is going up to standards now. Is there any other way to solve this problem so I can use IE7 with this site.

Deathbringer said:
Because IE sucks massively =/ get Mozilla Firefox
What do you think I'm using to access this site, Opera? I hate Opera.

Level 1
IE7 has tabs, multiple homepages, and a few other features FF doesn't have, but there's a few features FF has that IE7 doesnt, and they've updated IE, alot of those viruses would have to be updated. Now please stop straying off topic and someone help me.

Level 4
Vexorian said:
IE7 still doesn't support PNG transparency. So it blows and the trash is its place.

WTF are you going to use that for!?

Like I said, it's not how inferior (which it isn't) IE is, it's how GREATLY superior other browsers are, with their additional features and all. IE, when comparing it to others like a PC, is just your standard, bare-bones, internet browser.

It doesn't matter if your other browser has "SUP3R F37UR35", even a cupholder for that matter. Heck, I bet that you people have rarely even USED these features, (except for the cupholder, though :D ) what's more important is that it is able to surf the net efficiently and protect you from any viruses. I believe that IE, even without the special features, is still a reliable browser. Case closed.

I hate it when people boast about their rewards. Your god (generic term) gave you all of those things, and he/she can take it away from you just as easily if you use your rewards for the wrong purpose. Look at me, my PC only has 512mb of RAM and a 256mb video card, and do you see me complaining about it? Nope, don't think so. (no offense to the people who have lower specs than that)

Level 12
penguinsmasher, if you don't know anything about a topic, avoid to post in the topic.

IE7 will not support PNG transparency, this is a great sabootage to web developers in many ways, (did you know that GIFs are propietary and you could be sued for using them without a license?) Still gif is the only image type with transparency that works in IE for some stupid reasons.

PNG was meant to replace GIF and its stupid license with the super free zlib/png compression one. And also with a non-loussy compression.

Even if IE7 supported transparency in PNG it would still be a terribly wrong browser. Opera, Konqueror , Safari those 3 browsers have 100% w3 standard compliance. Firefox has a 98% standard compliance, but IE7 has a 40%.

Also MS has a long history of not giving a damn on vulnerabilities and their software tends to stay with holes for ages.

In other words IE is garbage, no human being should ever use that kind of deficient software. And the super features that come with IE7 are unnecessary and even if you really like them, they are already (and were for long) in other browsers that didn't have IE's flaws.

Level 4
I guess you're right. I might not know MUCH about this topic. A 14 year old wouldn't know much about this anyways. It's just that why do you have to bludgeon things like IE by saying "it sucks", "piece of trash" as well as others when you can just say that "IE is actually quite inferior because of..." but instead I see comments such as "this piece if sh**ty trash doesn't deserve to be in human hands because it's more primitive than dinosaurs and more inferior than an arquebus (very old gun used in renaissance)". You know you don't have to be so harsh on it. Criticize it for its flaws, but don't bludgeon it. [last post on this topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.