• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Instantly revive hero won't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Firstly i disabled the revive system i actually have (when i found that my hero won't revive anymore)

And create this :
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Hero - Instantly revive (Dying unit) at (Random point in (Playable map area)), Hide revival graphics
RESULT: It doesn't work.

I add a line of action, check if the trigger really work or not.
  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: OH MAN :D
RESULT: Message show but hero still don't revive.

I replace the debug message with floating text, it will let me know "Triggering Unit" work or not.
  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads I'M HERE, REVIVE ME... at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
RESULT: Floating Text work but hero don't revive.

Now, i delete all the trigger instead of disable them, now the trigger remain only 1 trigger :
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads I'M HERE, REVIVE ME... at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Hero - Instantly revive (Dying unit) at (Random point in (Playable map area)), Hide revival graphics
RESULT: Hero still don't revive.

I guess the problem occurs in gameplay constant or object editor, not trigger editor.
But i has no idea what will cause that.

Last edited:
Level 10
It's in the Gameplay Constants as you guessed. For whatever reason reviving the hero seems to be dependent on the Food Limit somehow, which you've set to 1 in Gameplay Constants. The hero respawns when I reset the Food Limit value in Gameplay Constants. Figure out exactly how the hero(unit?)-food dependency works in this case and you'll be completely set.

Status
Not open for further replies.