• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Instant no cast ability interrupts unit orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Both
  • Unit - Order tempUnit to Human Paladin - Activate Divine Shield
And

call IssueImmediateOrderById( udg_tempUnit, 852090 )

Interrupt the unit's current order unlike when you use it yourself.

Additional thing to note: The event is that the unit is being attacked, the idea is for the unit to use the divine shield as it's being targeted to dodge the attack.

I tried it with everything else removed:

• Untitled Trigger 007
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Human Paladin - Activate Divine Shield

Last edited:
Level 12
Level 19
Both
  • Unit - Order tempUnit to Human Paladin - Activate Divine Shield
And

call IssueImmediateOrderById( udg_tempUnit, 852090 )

Interrupt the unit's current order unlike when you use it yourself.

Additional thing to note: The event is that the unit is being attacked, the idea is for the unit to use the divine shield as it's being targeted to dodge the attack.

I tried it with everything else removed:

• Untitled Trigger 007
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Human Paladin - Activate Divine Shield
the simplest solution would be to add Devine shield into the units auto cast ability

warcraft already has a system of automatically reordering the unit after that.

that way soon as the unit feels it's life is in threat it will activate its shield

Level 12
the simplest solution would be to add Devine shield into the units auto cast ability

warcraft already has a system of automatically reordering the unit after that.

that way soon as the unit feels it's life is in threat it will activate its shield
All that did was make the unit use divine shield at gamestart, though cool that you mentioned this because I had not realised you could include on/off toggle's to the auto casting. e.g. always making a unit start with mana shield toggled on and such.

Level 19
All that did was make the unit use divine shield at gamestart, though cool that you mentioned this because I had not realised you could include on/off toggle's to the auto casting. e.g. always making a unit start with mana shield toggled on and such.
that must mean the units are toggled from the start

auto cast only activates when a unit is attacked or another unit has been order to attack them.

Level 12
Yes

You know the place you can edit your units attack points and so on?

The field right on the top is the one that you can use to set their default ability
Ok, then I understood you correctly.

But like I said, all it did was make the units use / toggle on the ability as soon as they spawned.

So regarding divine shield, they first wasted the CD (since I haven't enabled toggle off for divine shield) and then they never used it again by themselves, not even once before being killed.

Level 11
In all my maps I've had zero problems just reissuing the original order after ordering them to use divine shield. That's assuming you have a way to keep track of their order (simple in something like a tower defense, not so simple in an alternate RTS with custom AI).

Level 12
In all my maps I've had zero problems just reissuing the original order after ordering them to use divine shield. That's assuming you have a way to keep track of their order (simple in something like a tower defense, not so simple in an alternate RTS with custom AI).
You mean like with a unit indexer or hashtable?

Status
Not open for further replies.