• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Inserting Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Maybe this has already been asked, bt with 51 Forums I don't want to search allday long...anyway, I just wanted to ask if I'm doing anything wrong, because certain models just don't want to work; I import and define them in the object editor but it just won't work...please give me tips...

Last edited:
Level 3
You have to Import your model with skin, and change their path.
For Exmaple:
We're Having 1 Model ORC.MDX and skin Orc.BLP
Open Imp. manager, import files, and click 2 times (fast) on Orc.BLP
Then click on "Use custom Path" box, and write new path, for example:
"Textures/Orc.blp"
Next, save your map, close WE, and open it again.
Now set this model to your unit and it should work.
You don't have to change path of Orc.MDX.
The path should be on the website with this model.You can find many models on the Hive Here.

Good Luck!

Level 6
Ok here's a quick tut
Say you have a model named war3mapImported\Shotgun1.mdx and a texture named war3mapImported\ShotGUN.blp
1. Import the model and the Skin using Import Manager
2. Double click on the war3mapImported\Shotgun1.mdx (The Model) and change the path to Shotgun1.mdx (Basically removing the war3mapImported/ part)
3. Double click on the war3mapImported\ShotGUN.blp (The Texture) and change the path to Textures/ShotGUN.blp
4. Save the map then close the Map. Then reopen it and set the model to your unit.
5. Ta-DA! It should work.

Have fun Importing :emote_party:

Level 2
Thanks!

Cool, thanks a lot 2 all of U, works superbly :emote_party: ...thanks, thanks and thanks...if any of you ever need a favour :emote_cool: ...^^

Last edited:
Level 1
Thx for the advise but on most models there isnt a path... atleast the ones i look at! and sometimes there are 3 things like guts-model-and skin what must i do with guts? and sometimes there are loads of textures must i do "textures/" infront of them all exept mdl? i did but stil it didnt work after loading the map again.....

Level 7
The Icon works ,the model no.
I make for example.
Turrtle.mdx ,save ,close.
I give the path to the model and...
...Model isnt.
Why ?

Level 3
ROKEMA
Sometimes there are loads of textures must i do "textures/" infront of them all exept mdl?
Some models are having different pathes than "textures/xxx.Blp, for ex. It can be "Orc/warrior/Model/Orc.Blp", and if these textures are not in-game, you have to import them and change theirs path.

Some models don't need a skin, for ex.
rachnidianBlades by Dionesiist . It's using in-game textures.

And some models are using a new skin, for ex.
V-Wing Fighter by
Illidan(Evil)X.

The path for this model is:
Textures\V-wing.blp - You can find it Here. in "Skins".

You can read more Here, at Hive's Tutorial about Importing Models

TEXTOR

Maybe you gave a wrong path to the skin of this model, or you didn't import it.
Make sure you have imported all needed files.

war3mapImported\Turtle.mdx - you don't have to edit it.
war3mapImported\xxx.blp - your skin is xxx. You have to change skin's path, becouse its wrong and it won't work.
The path should be on the website with this model.

1st step is to import the model and change the skin's path, then save map, close WE, open it Again, and 2nd step is to set imported model to new unit, or just change the old units model.

Last edited:
Level 7
ROKEMA
Some models are having different pathes than "textures/xxx.Blp, for ex. It can be "Orc/warrior/Model/Orc.Blp", and if these textures are not in-game, you have to import them and change theirs path.

Some models don't need a skin, for ex.
rachnidianBlades by Dionesiist . It's using in-game textures.

TEXTOR

Maybe you gave a wrong path to the skin of this model, or you didn't import it.
Make sure you have imported all needed files.

war3mapImported\Turtle.mdx - you don't have to edit it.
war3mapImported\xxx.blp - your skin is xxx. You have to change skin's path, becouse its wrong and it won't work.
The path should be on the website with this model.

1st step is to import the model and change the skin's path, then save map, close WE, open it Again, and 2nd step is to set imported model to new unit, or just change the old units model.

Thank you.
Now is it working.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.