• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Insane Lagg when opening the Questlog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello

I got a problem with the Questlog in my map. When i open it for the first time (doesn't matter if the first time is in the middle of the game or shortly after map init) the screen freezes over several seconds and i don't know why...:confused:
I even reduced the Quests showing up there to empty strings.. and it still gets to this lagg. Could it be because i customized some stuff around the Questlog? like renaming it to "Help" - Primary Quests to "General Information" etc.. But still - on other maps where it is customized aswell it doesnt lagg that hard... i hope someone could help me with my problem

Level 2
Nobody knows where this strange but frequent lagg could come from? :confused:

Plz help its really annoying ...

Level 2
Thanks for replys

@Parrothead: well i know that it might lagg "little" but as described above it freezes the screen over several seconds... Well i will try to reduce the mapsize drastically and see if this fixes the problem ...

Ps: it wasn't really double post since there was a time of over a day between the posts

@Day-Elven: well as said... it even had that lagg when i tried it with 2 quests with empty descriptions... and i tried it when almost no other triggers where running and when more where running.. with always the same lagg... so it really maybe dependent on mapsize as Parrothead said (at least i got not really another explanation for it)... - but why doesnt it lagg so hard then in singleplayer maps with 4+mbs mapsizes? anyway - i will try this later

Level 2
Lags appears because of ther bad trigger algorithms and memory leaks, not because of the map size.

well i doubt that this lagg is because of leaking.. because only... really only... the questlog does this hard lagg.. the rest of the map works fine ... and i destroyed most leaks in it... anyway as said.. i will try some things later..

You can edit any of your posts, nevermind how much time have passed.

ok sorry then - i will do that in future

Level 19
Changing "Quests" to "Help" or something else wont cause lag
That may be only because of if there are toooooo many quests (they maybe empty, that doesnt matter)

if not... u are cursed

Level 2
Changing "Quests" to "Help" or something else wont cause lag
That may be only because of if there are toooooo many quests (they maybe empty, that doesnt matter)

if not... u are cursed

then i am cursed ... :hohum:

I had 2 quests.. and i even tried with only one.. i tried to reduce mapsize and triggers that where running... hmm i will try some more once i find time to...

Level 2
have u imported any pictures used there?

if not then its properly something to with the terrain size.

i remember my map had bad lag with several units due to its large terrain.

Level 2
tried it already - works fine.. no lagg/freeze or whatever.. well so i will have to try to reduce mapsize and stuff and so on ... but don't got time for my map atm

Status
Not open for further replies.