• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems with the lagg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have some problems in my last map, Battle for Azeroth, just a BIG lagg.

I have read some tutorials about memory leaks, but the lagg still stays in my map.

Perhaps it’s wrong because I put things like that>>

Set Point = Region 1
Unit-create unit in Point
call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)

This is ok, isn’t it?

Look those:

Set Point = Region 1
Set Point = Region 2

Good?

And these other, is it ok?

Set Point = Region 1
Set Point = Region 2

If they’re well done, I don’t know what is happening with my map, but please, I want to know if those another 2 ways for doing the triggers are good.

I must spawn a lot of units, because, in my map, the buildings are built by upgrading some circles of power. If you don’t own one circle, you must destroy it. Then it appears a new circle owned by the owner of the killing unit. And if you destroy a building, it appears a circle too. Then you upgrade to the building that you want :p
All like as in Battle for the Middle Earth.

But…… LAGG!!! Help please

Thx.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You have to remove all locations made so after every set location then action you must remove the location before replacing it with another.

Also remember that all handles leak so remove / destroy all handles.

Also remember it could be lag caused by having to many functions running or too manyunits on the map at once.

Set Point = Region 1

That way should not leak.

Level 7
Well, I do not want to do...

200 Point variables :shock:

Will the 2 others run? Because makinmg this way, its ok, but... I'll have to create 10000 variables -_-

Level 7
Ok, thx, I have done this exactly...

Perhaps it's the lot of buildings or units in-game xD

I DO NOT KNOW...

Level 2
200 point variables is a lot, maybe u could decrease the amount. Or just not use variables, dont use a variable just insert the points into the function/trigger

if units die u could remove them from game, makes it faster

and if u do alot of things at the same time(triggers, unit, etc) it will lagg

Level 7
Ò.ó

Could the regions - locations make lagg?
Cuz I have near 300 xDDD

And making a lot of things in a short time?

Thx

Level 7
btw, speaking of lag, ive hear of a program that this site has that can ''compress'' a game, making it lag less but add kilobytes.. can anyone tell me if it exists or not and (if it does) tell me it's name? preferable if it's on this site

(this post ha sbeen made for a friend that is too lazy to make a wc3 sear account :roll: )

Status
Not open for further replies.