• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Inriguing PvP Spell Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I was looking through all of the doodads in the editor, trying to get some inspiration for an ability, and I came across Demon Storm (destructibles). I watched it for a second and it gave me an idea!

Is it possible to use the animation effect of like 6-8 Demon Storms at one time to mostly impair only the target player's vision for a short (but still effective period of time)? (Or will that cause massive lag?) Along with that, I would like there to be a 'every .5(ish)secs' random re-direct trigger to make it even slightly harder to control the unit.

So, any one willing to give it a shot? +rep and immortalization on my map

Last edited:
Level 19
This will display the effect for one player only
It will create an effect for all players so noone will disconnect
But the effect will look like no effect for all players but one

set effect_string = empty string
custom script: if GetLocalPlayer()==udg_yourPlayer then
set effect_string = pathOfDemonStorm
custom script: endif
create special effect at blah
destroy special effect

you might consider moving the effect (attach it to a dummy unit or something) to the center of the camera
it could be that the effect is not made to fit your purpose
in that case you can edit it with magos model editor also known as war3model editor
go to
windows
node manager
select the particle(s)
mess around with the options (e.g. model space will make the model move with the unit or not)
to make the effect appear faster you can change the emission rate or change the rate according to the animation time

Level 3
sorry, i should have said in GUI. I'm on a mac and I don't have access to all off the fancy programs you PC users have, (...my only gripe about being a mac user), so I figure its useless for me to bother spinning my head around math stuff.

Level 3
*BUMP*

please could someone help me with this in GUI? Even if you just post a picture of how it would look, I'll be eternally grateful!

Level 3
Sorry, i didn't understand what you were saying. I'm a very visual person, (studying graphic design), and I learn best by seeing something. Seeing how it would look in the editor would help me a lot! Guidance on one spell like this could mean 10 more kind of like it in the future.

((i know i sound picky, but we all learn in different ways))

Status
Not open for further replies.