• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Inital Melee Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys,

I was wondering, is there a way to keep the melee triggers and without using regions, depending on if the player is human or pc controlled, replace the town hall and 5 peons?

I can detect player control and the race but I'm having trouble with the replacement.

The reason for this is that I want to basically use a 5th race (replacing one of the other races) but the computer AI isn't set up to handle all the new units and so gets stuck mining resources for the entire game. If I can replace the human controlled townhall and peons to my new townhall and peons (or the pc controlled townhall and peons to the original) then I can avoid the AI issue altogether.

I could do this with explicit regions and triggers, however I want to keep the melee settings so I can simply copy and paste all custom data and triggers to any multiplayer map rather than messing around with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.