• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

IniquitPestilant.BLP

[Major Update]
* Remade head, added some more detail here and there.

Here's one ugly beast. The face was somewhat of a joke, but I decided to go with it. The wrap is really bad, so there's a few glitches; they won't really show up in-game, though.

I'm doing a full race of nether beasts that I've called Iniquit, after iniquitous. They take control of beasts that roam the surface world through a virus that alters their DNA and enslaves them.

This is the Pestilant. Feedback highly appreciated!

I appreciate being credited for my work, so if you use this resource, please do.
You may modify this resource in any way you see fit, and use it for custom models, but I would appreciate if you link back to this resource or mention my name if you upload the custom model anywhere.

Preview01.png

Preview02.png

Preview03.png

Preview04.png

Enjoy.

Keywords:
hydralisk, beast, ranged, pestilant, bloody, ugly, iniquit, alien, demon, underworld, nether, shiiK
Contents

Iniquit - The Pestilant (Texture)

Reviews
08:50, 23rd Oct 2011 67chrome: The blade-things on the back look a little plain, and the wrap work on the face looks like it could use a little tinkering here and there, but overall this is pretty creative and turned out pretty good.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

08:50, 23rd Oct 2011
67chrome: The blade-things on the back look a little plain, and the wrap work on the face looks like it could use a little tinkering here and there, but overall this is pretty creative and turned out pretty good.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Is there an icon coming for this model, shiiK?

Not in it's current form. I intend to make a serious attempt at the head once I find time, and if that succeeds, I will be making an icon for that.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yes, that is Dionesiist's model, same I used for the previous texturing contest.

Updated this bitch, if it still shows up as the old hit F5 and the cache should clear this page and load the new images.

For those of you who have paid attention to the Iniquits, yes, the Pestilant concept depicts a flying beast, but I've lost all my design notes and I decided to scrap the flying Pestilant. It's otherwise quite similar. This one is "spawned" by the Overlord just like the Hound (which I also need to redo soon).

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

The Hydralisk model does not support TC, so I can't possibly add TC to it, Kam.
The "orbs" on the front wrap exactly how I want them to, Riot, I can't see the problem. On the shoulder, however, now that is a mess.

Hey, I just noticed a thing: that gray orb on the top of his head is a little cut-out, and it should be orange like the rest of them.

It's cut off because that's how the model works and there's no way to alpha it, and it's grey because it's not an "orb", it's more of a blade-thing like those on the back. Kind of useless, but I needed some variation on the head.

Level 22
skins4823screenshot.jpg

The areas highlighted in yellow are the areas I think require work, they are perfect in every way but the wrap. I think on the bottom ones, it would be a lot better if it was just the color on the creature, as the stretchiness of the wrap wouldn't be too noticeable that way.
The circular designs don't wrap well on a model with this many corners and crevices I'd say.

Level 30
Hidraulisk model, among many others, races with an advantage for the trickiest unwrap. There is not as single thing you can do about team color, alpha sucks and goes wrong whenever you try to use it, and the model stretches and shrinks what it shouldn't. This is made in a quite stunning way, considering the issues I mentioned above, xRiotZx.

Level 22
Hidraulisk model, among many others, races with an advantage for the trickiest unwrap. There is not as single thing you can do about team color, alpha sucks and goes wrong whenever you try to use it, and the model stretches and shrinks what it shouldn't. This is made in a quite stunning way, considering the issues I mentioned above, xRiotZx.

Lightening up on the style would definitely help this out, those circular things have unsightly bad wraps on the shoulder and behind the head.

In hindsight the ones on the tail don't look too bad.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Attached the old version, didn't test, though, so it may be a WIP.

Preview0P.png

Attachments

• Iniquilisk.blp
    56.9 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.