• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ingot

Ingot

Please do not edit or post any of my models on other sites without my permission!
Enjoy and give me credits for my work!

Keywords:
Ingot, Bar, Metal, Blacksmith, Blacksmithing, Smithing, Smithy, Material, Crafting, Forging, Forge, Iron, Steel, Smelt, Smelting
Contents

Ingot (Model)

Reviews
12:29, 5th Jun 2016 The_Silent: Looks good and performs well ingame. Would be better without custom texture. Still, approved for usefulness.

M

12:29, 5th Jun 2016
The_Silent: Looks good and performs well ingame. Would be better without custom texture. Still, approved for usefulness.

Roland

R

Roland

The Bronze and the Copper color looks like human excretions.. But It's a useful model for blacksmith maps. Keep up the great work.

Level 18
I really love this model: simple, effective, and you can recolor ingame to your linking. (I always wanted a realistic metalurgic map,, 1 step closer now)

BTW, even though you could make each ingote with ingame textures, this is much more easy to handle. Also importing 4-5 models with ingame textures will weight more than this model + custom texture.

PS: you could color the ingot in many many different ways, here is a hive-tutorial with all the common colors in the code used by the Warcraft III engine, plus how to make many many more.

I suggest one texture that has all 6 sides so you can recolor it with one single click on the button and choosing a color in GIMP. (Dunno if that is done right now.)

Ofcourse, if you have permission to change the texture.
I don't really see how that will change anything. One part of the 64x64 texture is used by the top and bottom of the ingot and another part for all the sides, I don't think shrinking it more than that is necessary. Also you could just as easily recolor the texture in GIMP, but I'd suggest either recoloring the model in magos (the texture should be imported just once and each import of the model is 2kb) or already ingame, as I did in the screenshot.
I'd suggest using part of an ingame texture, such as the Mountain King's hammer, or part of the Beastmaster's texture.
Not after all the trouble of making this texture :D
It might not look like much, but it take a lot of effort to make it look "right". Maybe because I suck at texturing, but still :p
Maybe I'll make a version with ingame textures, but I don't promise it will look good.
BTW, even though you could make each ingote with ingame textures, this is much more easy to handle. Also importing 4-5 models with ingame textures will weight more than this model + custom texture.

PS: you could color the ingot in many many different ways, here is a hive-tutorial with all the common colors in the code used by the Warcraft III engine, plus how to make many many more.
Well, in that screenshot I didn't need to import anything else other than the model and texture once. I just recolored them in OE.
Also I have no idea how you could recolor models with those codes, aren't those for text?
It needs a death animation.
Why would it need a death animation, it's not an attachment or anything, it's a doodad.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Also if anyone wants to do a custom texture for this, go ahead, I'll post it in the description with a pastebin link. I'm sure someone (if not anyone) can do a better job than me at the texture and it might be nice to have some variation and choice for the users. :)

Last edited:
Level 24
I don't really see how that will change anything. One part of the 64x64 texture is used by the top and bottom of the ingot and another part for all the sides, I don't think shrinking it more than that is necessary.

I meant something like this:
attachment.php

But it doesnt really make much of a difference.
Just having the sides and top separated is enough I guess.

Attachments

• Naamloos.png
    Naamloos.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 1,007
I meant something like this:
-
But it doesnt really make much of a difference.
Just having the sides and top separated is enough I guess.
It is not a bad idea, but that would mean either lowering the resolution of the texture or increasing the file size and for such a simple object the file size is already high and the texture is blurry enough. It's not like you could say that I used the same texture for all 4 sides of the model, because they look similar enough, it's just metal \m/