• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Items model overlapping each other, how does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I made a model from scratch, it's an ingot, simple rectangle, I believe I didn't forget stuff as collision node or re-calculating extents, so I am wondering, why does those ingot overlap each other in game and do not get dropped side by side? Maybe it's due to the way they're oriented? On the horizontal?

Here's a picture depicting the issue, you can see the ingots in the middle : https://i.gyazo.com/69cdb80e4b738f0633012b0c41f97652.png

I tried scaling up/down the model itself and through GUI, didn't see much of a difference.

Also uploaded the model with its texture in just case you want to check it out.

Thank by advance.

Attachments

• IronIngot.mdx
    6.8 KB · Views: 66
  • BTNIronIngot.blp
    4.1 KB · Views: 58
Level 20
The model has nothing to do with it; it's an in-game value that's allowing that (most items can be dropped on top of each other like you described, for instance).

Status
Not open for further replies.