1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Ingame Importless Model Viewer (map)

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by loktar, Mar 18, 2019.

1. loktar

loktar

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Edit: A new version with more features can be found here.

I modified Gekigengar's Epic Animation Viewer so it can load models without importing them to the map, or even opening the World Editor at all, by loading them as Effects.
    I also removed the "grid" and replaced it with a simple black texture.
    Unfortunately Gekigengar is inactive, so I can't get permission to submit this to the Maps repository.

Features
    • Load model from war3mod.mpq (folder) or through Local Files
    • Models are loaded dynamically, so you can add models without restarting the game or reloading the map
    • Chat commands to change animation, camera presets, team color, animation speed and more
    • Because models are loaded as effects, only preset animation names can be used

Instructions
    It's pretty simple, just put the models in one of two places:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\war3mod.mpq - war3mod.mpq is a folder, NOT an MPQ file (although that might also work, I haven't tested)
    • Enable Allow Local Files and put the models in the WC3 install directory (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III)
    Now load the map, and type: "-load filename" - without the extension, e.g. for a model named footman.mdx type "-load footman".
    That's it, you should now be looking at your model.

Chat commands
    For convenience, these are also listed in the Quest Log.
    • -cam [integer] - Set camera (0-2); each camera also has its own roll (see below); default: 0
    • -load [string] - Load model (don't include extension (.mdl/.mdx), it's added automatically)
    • -anim [string] - Set animation (stand | birth | death | decay | dissipate | walk | attack | morph | sleep | spell | portrait); default: stand
    • -color [integer] - Set team color by player number (1-28; 25-28 are neutral/black); default: 1 (red)
    • -height [real] - Set model height (distance from ground); default: 0
    • -timescale [real] - Set animation time scale (normal is 1.00); this determines the speed; default: 0
    • -yaw [real] - Set model yaw (yz rotation); default: 0
    • -roll [real] - Set model roll (xy rotation); default: 0
    • -pitch [real] - Set model pitch (xz rotation); default: 0
    • -tod [real] - Set Time of Day; default: 12
    • -tods [real] - Set Time of Day Speed (%); default: 0
    Known issues
    • The animation name isn't updated in the leaderboard (will always read Stand)
    • It's possible to load Sub-animations in the same way as normal animations, but this currently isn't implemented. I can add them individually on request :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2019