• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ingame Cursor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Allow warcraft to use local files with NewGen under Extensions/Enable Local Files or in RegEdit.
Then, puts your model in your Warcraft root folder under UI\Cursor\
Has to be named like HumanCursor, UndeadCursor, NightElfCursor, OrcCursor.

1. I Enabled that already
2. How to put it and where is it?(my cursor model is not .blp, it's .ani)
3. can you give me full path and how can I put all those path into 1 import? or I have to import it 4 times and change every import to another path?

Last edited:
Level 28
Do not double-post, please :).
Bumping is allowed after some time has passed (like 1-2 days, not a couple of hours).

If you want a cursor with custom animations, you will need to create a new model that can do this, because the default one can't.
The animations in the default cursor are to differentiate between several states (scroll, target, select, ...).

If you just want to change the skin of the texture (this will remove the animations of your cursor), then open war3.mpq, go to "UI\Cursor\" and extract + edit "HumanCursor.blp" (this is just copy/paste-work, as you already have a cursor).
Once that is done, overwrite the default cursor textures you wish to change (you don't need to edit the texture for each race).

Status
Not open for further replies.