• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Infrenus noob Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Well, Sun Vacation started and I can relax a bit to make my units, so...

Version Beta from the Weaver, Weapon will be scratch made :cool:
WeaverBETA.JPG

Dwarf Crossbowoman [Name pending]
A very basic edit, but is not even finished
Dwarf girl.JPG

Any Suggestion or critic will be cool

Edit: here is something I'm am playing now, the Reborn project is a race of 'skeleton machines" that has been formerly created for human defense, but their will made then a race apart from the humans.
MAquina.JPG

Attachments

• Weaver.JPG
    Weaver.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Level 19
The little cutie? I think her will be rejected but... I will give her some finishing and we see! =D
edit: Uploaded the girl, check her!

Edit ²: There is a Burrower prototype, the fast amphibious unit of the Reborn. Armed with two Mortars and in the future with a storm shooter, this can be unleashed in most surface dwellers, but is vulnerable to air attacks.
Burrower.JPG

Last edited:
Level 19
Sorry about the time, but I deleted my old models by mistake D:
I will remake all over again... -.-"
But this week I made a rush to make a model of a light infantry, so...
Yami Soldier.JPG
This is a Yami soldier [Night in a native language]
I tried to make him different from General Frank Light infantry, not much successful =p
Any critics or suggestions?

Level 51
Mhm, I prefer 2nd one, but, if you use it, (whatever you use) give the feet armor (the teamcolour one from the marine) a better wrap, and give the lower part of the gloves also that black texture. then it should be better balanced I think :) oh, and darken the lower part of the feet a bit, so they are at the same dark tone like the other armor. :)

Edit: what animations are you going to use? marine I assume?

Level 51
well, ok. you see, when you go to animation tab in mdlivs, go then to the subtab "bones". when you're there, select a bone, (left click one the one you want or just choose from the list in the top right corner) and then select the verteces you want to attach. then you click one the button "Reattach Vertexes" (the grey field) When you do that, the choosen vertexes will be ONLY assigned to that bone. if you want to make the vertexes to be assigned to more bones, click the "Attach Vertexes to Bone" (the grey field with the green +).

Hope that helps =)

Level 19
Sorry the double post but update:
I dont know how to arrange the marine animations properly to the Yami, so I decided to train with more simple models before.

woodcutter.JPG
Orc woodcutter
These creatures live in the north florests of taiga. They have a old and primitive ritual where they need to cut a tree with their axe and save the dryad from that lives inside from certain death. The ones that succeds the ritual become shamans, the ones that try their hard to save her but fail, are accepted in the tribes and the ones that only kill then are killed to pay the dryad death. Strange ritual.

Level 31
Sorry the double post but update:
I dont know how to arrange the marine animations properly to the Yami, so I decided to train with more simple models before.

View attachment 88738
Orc woodcutter
These creatures live in the north florests of taiga. They have a old and primitive ritual where they need to cut a tree with their axe and save the dryad from that lives inside from certain death. The ones that succeds the ritual become shamans, the ones that try their hard to save her but fail, are accepted in the tribes and the ones that only kill then are killed to pay the dryad death. Strange ritual.

Really cool model, good use of textures. Are those Gnoll animations being used?
Also, the little lore tidbit is great too, add more flavor and makes me want to see this worked out more, like in a good map or campaign.

Level 19
OK, seemed the problem, Silly me
Yami Soldier.JPG
[Dont bother with the rifle, I will work on it]

Edit: Well, I've seen the Red Lioness Icon made by Crowolf and well... Why not to make the red lioness model? I really like this miniature and for some time wanted to make confrontation units on warcraft, but never haved the right motivation. So...
The Red Lioness WIP
RedLioness.JPG
Itis not equal the miniature and is lacking arms and hair, but you can have a idea.
Any critics or suggestions? :D

Last edited:
Level 31
Thanks about the proportions!
View attachment 89366
Mesh almost done, only needs the weapon and the cap.

That is quite an awesome model. really like the use of the bloodelf dragonhawk rider for the belt buckle thing.
Would suggest that on the head plate you add a little bit of a curve outwards or flare to the bottom, like they do have on the miniature itself.
http://underthemountain.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/lihe02.jpg
*also has that mini sitting in his paint queue.*

Level 31
Oh, I making her with the brown hair because of the icon that I inspired too.
View attachment 89367
A Better Helmet? :D
I only dont put the waves because I think Will be a waste of polys in the vision of the game.

Doesn't have the curl In was talking about, but it looks much better anyways. Looks less flat, and like it has more mass to it. It's great now. :D She's gonna be a hero unit, right?

Also, mounted version would be nice, but not required.

Status
Not open for further replies.