• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Infinite Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Okay, I was just going around viewing random stuff. When Dan Van Ohuells or whatever posted a link in this thread. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53706&page=11 Something about blackstan or something. Not sure what happened. Clicked on it. Brought up the page, read the little thing by black_stan, and closed that window. When I did that infinite number of tabs started poping up of that link. Most not getting time to load and being blank pages. Took up 100% of my CPU. Not sure if it's an isolated case or something, but that's the first time something ever happened like that to me. I'm running on Windows XP with IE 7.0

Level 36
The bug is an Internet Explorer problem. It's existed for several version of IE now.

For example, with IE six, if you opened a link and the link opened a windowed-browser (not maximized) and then closed it shortly after, it would begin opening blank internet explorer windows until you ended all of them with task manager.

I had this problem opening emails from the Hive, I would open an email, and click a link to the thread, but I'd realise its an old thread, and before the page is fully loaded I would close it and this would happen.

So, i'm not sure how its triggered with IE7 (It hasn't happened to me yet), but try to remember exactly what you did, and the exact condition of internet explorer when the bug happened, and then try and replicate the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.