• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Incredibly beautiful RPG video found on youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I know how they do it...

They use a drastically size reducing logarithm for every floating text, and the cam is really easy to do like that, just give the arrow buttons the function:

Forward key = -5 perspective
Backwards key = +5 perspective

It wont be so smooth without using a special jass thingy (cant remember the name...)

But well... not so hard.

Level 9
i noticed the text is in japanese, korean or chinese. i am really really interested in the damage-text-system. does anybody know an asian wc3 modding site where i could ask?

Level 9
Heh, this thread gave me a good laugh. Thanks =)

First of all, the 2 systems which you all think are very advanced, are in fact VERY simple systems. I'm currently working on an ORPG, which has an 8-player camera systems which is just as smooth as the one in this map. It also allows players to use their mouse to move the camera up and down, so players can actually view their hero from all possible angles. The floating text thing isn't very advanced either. If i have the time i might actually make a map with that system, just to show you.

Level 21
I mean free roaming, and not a straight path like shown. That looks more like a God of War or Ninja Gaiden.

It's a path leading straight to a city. Or at least I assume it's a city he's heading to. Of course, I'm hoping that the forests and such would be less "straight", but it's pretty normal for a road leading to a city to look like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.