• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Increase hitbox on Remains Scorched <Var 1>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Filepath said:
Doodads\Ashenvale\Props\ScorchedRemains\ScorchedRemains0.mdl
It's a marvelous model, but as it is meant as doodad, there's no real click hitbox on the model.

+rep to anyone who makes the box larger :)

"How large?" So large that you can click the body of the model easily: howlarge.PNG (the red-bordered area)

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Also as I use this as an item, does anyone know if I can remove the shadow of this item? Can't find any values regarding item shadows >.<

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

1. Download War3 model editor (aka Magos)
2. Open the model
3. Edit -> Calculate Extents
4. Save & import, that's it
Yup, that made it more selectable, though it's still a bit difficult.
Some more reading in this thread: Collision Shapes, How to Make Your Model Selectable
Alrighty, thought the pics are broken, I can read it when I've time.
+rep for helping, maybe that model editing tutorial helps me at creating these things myself in the future :)
I added a simple invisible pane to make the remains easier to select,
That's just perfect ^^ thanks a bunch
and Imadori's Remove Item Shadow tutorial might come in handy.
Thank you! That tricks works like a charm!
+rep after a moment of spreading it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.