• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Increase armor, damage etc.. through triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I know I can increase a unit's dmg, int or armor by giving it an item ability but what if the amount I want to increase depends on something that isn't always the same amount.
Examples:
Double damage ability.
Attribute points steal ability.
Attribute points change ability.

Level 9
for double damage, try using a 2x critical strike with a 100% chance.
not sure about the others since i'm confused about the wording. (do you mean that attribute steal/change is random or it takes all the attributes of the hero?)

Level 25
You can use multiple abilities to get a custom amount of damage/armour/etc.

Ability 1 - Has 9 levels, provides 1 damage per level (1, 2, 3, ..., 9)
Ability 2 - Has 9 levels, provides 10 damage per level (10, 20, 30, ..., 80)
(you can further go to a 100x ability)

So if you want to give your unit 32 damage, you'll set the 10x ability level to 3 and the 1x ability level to 2.

Level 12
For double/triple damage, if you can not use critical strike solution use command aura or roar.There is no other short way.(Trueshoot aura is just a command aura)

Level 3
How about giving a hero the same ability multiple times, is that even possible?
If you mean, that the hero have two abilitys, then just copy the ability and paste it,then rename it how do you want ,or you can do it like "2 *abilityName*",but if the ability has a buff or effect ,then copy and paste the buff and effect ,then rename it...

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

No, each unit can only have one instance of those abilities. Try using a damage detection system if you want to reduce damage dealt/taken dynamically through triggers.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
By exploiting the "item ability level increase bug" you can add stats like mana and health. Alternatively a set of abilities can be used to control a property like damage up to a certain amount. Tomes can be used for raising base damage but these can be slow.

The problem is that WC3 lacks natives to return the properties of a unit. As such when you "double" damage you need to guess or compute the unit's base damage to double.

Status
Not open for further replies.