• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Inaccurate Siege Weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey workshop, Its been a long time since I've done any Warcraft 3 work so I am a little rusty with my triggers.

Anyways, I am having trouble getting my siege weapon to be inaccurate. Every time a catapult attacks I want it to check the target point and then order it to attack ground a random point within the range around initial attack.

Right now my main problems are preventing the catapult from ever attacking where you target it directly, and getting the random range around where it can attack. I'll never understand why there is a 'Unit is attacked' but not a 'Unit is attacking' :xxd:

Anyways, any help with this would be appreciated.

Level 6
That still doesn't work because that just stops it from tracking people, I want it to not shoot the ground directly where you target the attack. As in if you threw a rock it would not strike the same spot repeatedly with perfect accuracy.

My problem is in keeping it from ever being accurate, whether I target myself, it auto acquires someone, or on repeated attacks.

Level 6
Now we're back to there is no Event - Unit Attacks, if I use Unit is Attacked with the condition of Catapults being the attacker, then it doesn't work with Attack Ground commands, and if I have the event Unit Order targeting a point, that only triggers on the first fire, meaning it would continually strike the same random spot over and over, not different ones.

I'm still having trouble getting anything to attack a random spot let alone consistently. I can't find the necessary triggers to make it attack a random point.

Level 6
I want the trigger to work no matter how the player tries to use their catapults, so that it always seems like it is inaccurate, no so that it only misses when you target people and not when you just target the ground under them.

EDIT: How does this look?

• Catapult Innacuracy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Siege Attack
    • Actions
      • Set CatapultInaccuracy = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Order (Ordered unit) to Whatever Spell Siege Attack is Based Off Of (CatapultInaccuracy offset by ((Random real number between 0.00 and 50.00), (Random real number between 0.00 and 50.00)))

It would delete the set point after that, and another trigger would tell it to cast catapult siege every time it tries to attack something or attack ground. Fixes? Changes? Ability is the only thing I could think of that was consistent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.