• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

In Search of Dedicated Modelers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndh

ndh

Level 8
Hello everyone, recently i took a look at some of the models i was using for my project, and decided that they just did not fit into the whole Crusader feeling. So I'm here to ask if any modelers would be willing to create some models for me. Credit for the model would be given to its creator, and would receive reputation for it as well. Please let me know if your interested below.

Here is an example of an archer model i would like...
medieval_archer_poster-rc7a850d18cb04c009fe71ec5edadc581_x8ae_400.jpg

The team color for this model would be a cross located on the center of the chest armor.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

You should add what the project is about and link to the project's thread if there is one.

ndh

ndh

Level 8
Gladly...

The project is called Kings - The Crusade, it's based around the Crusade, but not enough that it removes you from that warcraft 3 feeling. You play as the Human race because of how it is set up. It is still a WIP, but, already MassiveMaster has added his Wall System, which allows units to actually walk up and fire down from walls. And ThisPOT and I (mostly ThisPOT) are in the progress of setting up triggers and a random terrain generator based on specific seasons. We have also thought about making dynamic weather (when it rains, you might receive an armor debuff or a speed debuff we haven't really gotten to that part yet). We are currently working on an income system that requires you to build Housing, which Villagers come from and provide taxes at random intervals, they also help construct buildings.

Do to the nature of the realism of this Project, all units are life-sized to the structures. We have also tinkered around with Aging. What i mean by this is that after a Villager is "born" into the world as a child, he/she will slowly age, and eventually die. However, when a Housing is built, adult Villagers (1 male, 1 female) will spawn with it (for realism).

The units and buildings are (roughly) 80% done, the main portion of the map left to be finished would be advanced triggering, courtesy of ThisPOT, and some minor fixes/tweaks. Oh, and i forgot to mention, MassiveMaster also put in his Battalion system, which will allow players to control masses of units at a time (no more than 100 units per battalion). This project will also include a Livestock mechanic, where you must keep livestock (pigs and chickens) in order to bring in food for your people (villagers and military units eat food, when they can't get food for an extended period of time, they will start to starve and eventually die).

As you have read, MassiveMaster and ThisPOT are a key part of this project, and will always be credited with co-creating this map.

Map size is 244 by 244 (epic)

Here are some WIP screenshots.

Once again, if interested, please let me know :ogre_haosis:

Edit: Even if you only have time for one model, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

ndh

ndh

Level 8
Not sure what you mean by that. Are you saying i should change the name of the thread, or the name of the map? Because I'm happy with the name of map and won't be changing it, but thank you for the suggestion.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Changing it to "The Crusader" wouldn't make much sense unless the whole map was centered about one specific crusader. The current title is good, gl with getting the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.