• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In-game multiboard lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello,

I've been trying to create a sort of in-game lobby through the multiboard, for 12 players. I've attempted to figure it out with simple variables but with little success; my system is really iffy and doesnt work properly. Figured I'd ask more skilled people.

Orientation in the menu is controlled by a unit that each player has.

Each player should be able to...
  • ...view different "maps".
  • ...join and leave viewed map's lobby.
  • ...set their status to ready
When all players in a specific lobby are set to ready the map will start. The lobby should then be disabled until the specific map is complete. Once it is done people should be able to rejoin it once more.

I can additionally add the map with my progress so far if you'd like. Let me know.

I much appreciate all help I can get.

EDIT: I'd prefer GUI, but can handle some custom scripts.

Attachments

• example.png
    example.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 144
Level 10
I dont really understand what sort of maps you are mentioning do you want to create a chatroom in the battle net where players can wait for maps or? I am really skilled with multiboards, but I dont really get it what your problem is

Level 11
This is all in-game. In a map. I guess I should refer to them as scenarios; within a fully started map. The players who are playing this map will have the options to play or spectate various mini-games, of sorts. See attached image for reference.

I have no issues with the fancy looking parts of the multiboard; but with the structure behind it.

Level 11
No it is not possible in that sense. That is not what I am trying to achieve.

You can however put two maps together in one map and divide them with pathing blockers and such; to create the illusion of it being different maps within a map.

Level 10
Yes but I dont think that to remake something that is already there isnt a real good idea, because you won´t be able to make it better.

If you are practicing your programmerskills with that task, of course than it is a good practice.

I am damn skilled with multiboards but I have to know what is not working there. :)

Level 11
Each player has a few variables. I want players to be able to view a scenario (imagine browsing through heroes or something). Then when they have found one that they like they choose to join that scenario; which puts them in a slot in that lobby. They have the options to leave the lobby or press the ready check (and uncheck it). If the lobby is full (all slots of that lobby) and each player has checked ready, the scenario should start.

NameValueDescription

Viewing
0-#(Which scenario are they currently viewing)

Lobby
0-#(Which lobby are they currently in)

Slot
0-#(Which slot in the above lobby are they in)

Ready
True/False(Check to see if the player is ready when in a lobby)

How would you go about creating this?

Level 10
Yes at first you have to plan different sites of the menu and the form you go through the menu you could on the one hand use the arrow keys or you use a unit with special abilities like "confirm" or "go back".

First Site Main Menu
example:
Spectaters
Lobbies
Statistics

1. Spectaters Row = r collum = c

r1c1 = Playernames r1c2 = status(is playing/Spectating) r1c3 ...

2. Lobbies

r1c1 = Lobby/Gamename r1c2 = Players in this Lobby

r(x+2)c1 = Do you wanna join

With Confirm you are able to join the lobby
r(x+3)c1 = Do you wanna join the game
With Confirm you are able to join the game

x=number of lobbies

3. Statistics

your turn!

if you use the arrow keys, i always use Boleans to show which site is open

example:

If MainMenu = True

Every 0.30 sek

Set r2c1 = Spectators
Set r3c1 = lobbies
Set r4c1 = Statistics

Set all Rows and collums = white (you can do this with setting the number to 0 in rows or/and collums)
Set Color of Row(MainMenuInteg) = Yellow

MainmenuInteg:

Player releases Arrow Key Up

Set MainmenuInteg - 1
if Main MenuInteg = 0
Set MainmenuInteg = 3

Player Releases Arrow Key Down

Set MainmenuInteg + 1
If Main Menuinteg = 4
Set MainMenuInteg = 1

Array in Multiplayer for the variables would be "Number of Triggering Player"

Confirm:

Player releases Right Arrow Key

wait 0.3 sek <--- This is important because else he would always jump to the last possible menu in the row.

If Mainmenu = true
and MainmenuInteg = 1

Set Mainmenu = false
Set Spectatormenu = true
Set Mainmenuinteg = 1

blablabla the rest is your turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.