• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How the map adds a symbol to a name in lobby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So when specific players join a map (like map creators), in lobby and in game their name get a trademark symbol in front which we know it's not possible on bnet. How do they do it? I heard it's about triggers within the map to set the name. But how can they do it in lobby?I don't see a trigger to change the name in lobby. Perhaps it's a Ghost script?Thanks.

Level 1
The thing is i don't see any trigger that enables this for a specific player. I see the options of setting a name through chat message in game. But I don't see how they control the wc3 lobby. I tried to create the name of the map creator offline and the R symbol didn't show up in lobby. Being offline should recognize a name on that map but it doesn't. Or is it based on ip?

Level 1
Here are 2 screenshots in game, red is one of them. It is the same in lobby. When they join they are recognized with the trademark symbol. Only the map makers and some contributors get it. I talked to one of them and they say it's within the map...

Attachments

• 1016430_720410821326863_810252329_n.jpg
    1016430_720410821326863_810252329_n.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 1901178_726832907351321_783379211_n.jpg
    1901178_726832907351321_783379211_n.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 103
Level 1
Just talked to the map owner and he doesn't want to give the triggers unless I pay...But he told me it is all in triggers. About screenshots, I could tell him to join a game but it is the same thing. You join a custom game and you get an ® sign before starting a game, in lobby.

I know people easily make money off of wc3 but really trying to make money by ripping ppl off with simple triggers and telling them to pay. . .?

The second thing isn't possible unless you have a customized wc3 or played a game and left it that had those values edited.

Here's a way of doing it and how almost exactly they likely did it.
[trigger=example]
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
(Name of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to Dat-C3
Actions
Player - Set name of Player 1 (Red) to (® + (Name of Player 1 (Red)))
[/trigger]

The alt code for the copyright symbol is alt 0174
http://fsymbols.com/computer/trademark/

Another way is this and its the better way.

[trigger=example]
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Name of (Picked player)) Equal to Dat-C3
Then - Actions
Player - Set name of (Picked player) to ((Name of (Picked player)) + ®)
Else - Actions
[/trigger]

Level 1
Thanks a lot for helping. Yes, he was trying to get some money...I would not pay for such thing...I also found in a tutorial on the helper

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/triggers.php#events

a way to do it. I am still testing so I have some mistakes there. It works but only in game not in the lobby. I am still searching for an option for lobby showing...

Attachments

• trigger.png
    trigger.png
    14 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.