• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arranged Teams in Lobby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
When I host a custom map I have made, it always allows players to choose their team (team 1 2 3 or 4) in the lobby before the game starts

I have seen other custom maps that have pre-assigned teams (or arranged teams) in the lobby before starting the game.

How can I set my custom map to have pre-assigned teams in the lobby before the game starts? is it possible to have team 1 = top 5 players, team 2 = bottom 5 players, and then also have observer slots??

Also, when hosting a private game I can choose to allow observers. But if using a hosting bot, it doesn't always work with observers, unless the map is pre-set for it.

Any help?

Level 30
Pre-assigned teams are made via 'forces'.

There should be a field called 'Scenario'.

Click on it and then click on 'Forces-Properties' (It could be that it is called differently).

This should pop up: (It's in german, but should be similar)
Create two forces and put the players in each force.
Then Tick the two red marked boxes and click on 'OK'.

P1.PNG

Level 6
dude that was so simple! haha I even looked at that several times but did not understand how it was different from the player properties tab

Thanks a lot!! :) looks like I have to wait to give you more rep lol

Status
Not open for further replies.