• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In deep need of a good missile system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I cant find a missile system which works how I want to, and now I am pleading to a good triggerer to make one, both for me and for others as I am sure this system would help loads of people in their map making.

I am working on an ORPG and what is missing for my Heroes is a good missile system.

In this map the Heroes damage of their abilities are all based on Agility (for physical abilities) or Intelligence (for spells). Therefor every ability has to be triggered, and missiles are out of my league to trigger myself.

So if possible this is how the system should work:
- When a hero casts an ability it calls this system.
- It creates a dummy whos model can be changed depending on what spell is cast.
- Ofcourse be MUI, and if Spell A is on its way to a target and Spell B is cast, make sure Spell A does not deal the damage that Spell B is supposed to. Since even if they are the same spells, the damage is based on the casting Heroes stat, which can make the damage differ.
- Missile deals damage on impact, and if possible make it easy to add in effects depending on spell cast, like armor reduction or stuff like that (i know how to add in those, just show where to put it in)

That is all I can think of for now. If you have any questions, please just ask. As stated above this would probably help loads of people, and you will ofcourse get +rep.

Thanks in advance for taking time reading this.

Level 11
First link I tried but its not easy to add in an extra effect in that system. I will try the others, honestly I havnt even seen those, sry. Will report if I dont get things to work and perhaps someone can help me with one of these systems.

Level 11
i tried it but i had another missile system at the same time so it didnt work out well and had loads of variables and stuff so I just decided to use the one I had, though I am not sure if it is working as intended when more than one player, but it works for single player.

Though ive decided to leave it as it is for now, if it turns out that it does not work when I start the beta I will keep your system and try it. Would gladly accept any help at that point :) thanks for taking your time to help

Status
Not open for further replies.