• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Importing/Updating Units, Spells, ETC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
At this time I'm working on a map, by and large I know what I'm doing but I've run into several problems:

1) I am trying to work on the map at 2 separate houses with different computers.

2) I have asked 2 friends to help me edit using THEIR OWN computers.

The problem is that I don't know how to quickly and efficiently transfer my files from one computer to another. If friend A makes a new custom unit, friend B makes new terrain, and I edit the map mechanics trigger how do we all get each other's contributions together quickly?

I have tried copying and pasting units but I ran into a difficulty. For some reason my World Editor won't let me have 2 maps open at the same time for easy copying and pasting, I seem to remember that it DID allow that in the past. This necessitates me to use a flash drive to carry around the latest map version I have, put it on the computer, then open the edited map, copy a buff, close the edited map, paste the buff onto the base map, save, close the base map, open the edited map, copy a spell, close the edited map, open the base map, paste the spell, save, close the base map, then repeat for triggers, other spells, and finally the unit. It is a long and annoying process.

How do I make this easier/more effective for all three of us?

Status
Not open for further replies.