• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Importing Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've been working with this all day. I made a skin and put it on a model, and that model opened fine in the War3ModelEditor with the skin and everything. But once I imported it, it just showed a floating gray part.

Alright well I'll show exactly what I do so that you all can tell me exactly what I did wrong.

84607590sh9.png

So here I have my skin along with the Peon model that it goes on in a folder to make it easy. I edited the skin in gimp and saved it as a TGA.

35741136vs7.png

So I then went into Warcraft3Viewer and converted the TGA to a BLP.

24045084ed9.png

93502982uy4.png

82416103zw1.png

Here's the simple color edit of a skin that I've been trying to put on the peon in War3ModelEditor.

53855693cb8.png

So then I open up the peon.mdx in MDXPather.

33469294pu5.png

I change the texture file to the name of mine, except with Textures\ in front of it. I then save the file as brownpeon.mdx.

84444189nv5.png

Then I go into the world editor and import the files.

73934398bw7.png

I change the file names to correct paths and then save the map, exit world editor, and then start it up again. I load up my map and my model ends up looking like...

10zo6.png

...this. Seriously I've looked through all the tutorials and I haven't found one to fix the problem.

So yeah, help a noob out?

Level 26
Hawkwing, MDXPanther is just a little program that lets you check and/or change the texture path of an .mdx.

You appear to have imported the skin to the right path. The model doesn't need a path, though. So if everything looks fine, the only problem would be the skin. Possibly the alpha channel has become corrupted. To fix this, export the (regular) Peon skin from the MPQ as a .tga to preserve the alpha channel, then paste your recolour on top.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.