• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

importing sound file? war3map. ??

Level 5
When you extract a map as a folder
which file is the one containing the sound internal variables? i was trying to merge a map that had a LOT of custom variable sounds for triggers
but i'm not sure what the file name for the file containing the sound variables is .
and this guide does not cover it sadly

what i want to do is to move all the custom unit data and triggers and sounds to a MELEE map
1709160377142.png
1709160345958.png

Last edited:
Level 25
Sounds are a bit special.
Sound variables are generated and initialized in the map script file wa3map.j, but the things you set up in sound editor (i.e. whether it is 3d sound, the sound variable name, etc.) are defined in the sound file war3map.w3s

Level 5
copying the war3map.w3s actually fixed the variables issue for me! , thanks a lot :D
Sounds are a bit special.
Sound variables are generated and initialized in the map script file wa3map.j, but the things you set up in sound editor (i.e. whether it is 3d sound, the sound variable name, etc.) are defined in the sound file war3map.w3s