• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing skins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Yes this is a newb question. How to heck to I import skins? I looked online but there is no tut only model importing. is model importing the same? please help! Thanks.

Level 35
you can also import models which i perfer. heres a link http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f282/how-import-custom-models-32237/

and i also have a question. how much space much all the files i import fill together?

He just said he knows how to import models, but it's skins he's having troubles with.

It does tell you the path on the page, here's an example:
HeroFarseer.blp - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

It'll tell you this:
Path & Unit
Import the skin to the following path:
Units\Orc\HeroFarseer\HeroFarseer.blp

The skin will replace the following unit/doodad/texture/interface:
Farseer, Drek'thar

Basically, it's the entire path of the unit you're trying to take over's skin. Good luck!

Level 2
Yeah and then on an e-article, I read you then have to close editor and open it back up and place that unit on the map. Is this true? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.